Quiz 52: General Knowledge → Agriculture & Biodiversity
1. Which among the following has the function of recommending Minimum Support Prices for various commodities to the Government?
[A]National Farmers Commission
[B]Agriculture Cost & Price Commission
[C]Central Statistical Organization
[D]Department of Agriculture
2. The crop sown in July -August and harvested in October is called?
[D]None of them
3. Sona, PB 18 and Kalyan were the High Yielding Variety Seeds used in HYVS programme for which among the following crops?
4. What does the word Olericulture refer to ____?
[A]Cultivation of Fruits
[B]Cultivation of Vegetable
[C]Cultivation of Oil Seeds
[D]Cultivation of Cash Crops
5. Inter-racial hybridization programme between japonicas and indicas varieties of which among the following crops was initiated during 1950-54?
6. Pusa hybrid 4" is a variety of which crop?
7. The year 2011 will be remembered for the world ridding itself of one of the most dreaded livestock diseases called____?
[A]Foot and Mouth Disease
8. 'Arka Kirthiman' and 'Arka Lalima' are two new varieties of which among the following crops?
9. Which among the following is the closest to the meaning of " Silviculture"?
[A]Cultivation of Silk Worms
[B]Cultivation of Textile Crops
[D]Cultivation of Timber
10. Which among the following states has recently become the first state in India to launch a policy to establish Special Agriculture Zones (SAZs),?
11. Consider the following statements:
1. Gene Bank is a conservation methodology in plants in which freezing cuts from the plant, or stocking the seeds is done.
2. Gene Bank is an in-situ mode of conservation
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[C]Both 1 & 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
12. Which among the following confers the "Equator Prize" to recognize outstanding community efforts to reduce poverty through the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity?
[A]United Nations Environment Programme
[B]United Nations Development Programme
[C]World Food Organization
13. At which among the following places is located the head office of International Society for Mangrove Ecosystems(ISME)?
14. Which among the following country has the largest share in global mangrove areas?
15. Which among the following country is considered to have the world's first sustainable biofuels economy?