Quiz 50 : Basic General Knowledge →Indian Polity for CLAT exams
1. What is the number of Schedules in Constitution of India?
2. In which year, The Citizenship Act passed?
3. Which among the following articles of Constitution of India abolishes the untouchablity?
4. Which among the following articles speaks about impeachment of the President of India?
5. Which among the following articles defines the Money Bill?
6. The Indian Constitution has adopted Parliamentary System of Constitution from which among the following countries?
7. Which among the following is the correct age of retirement of Judge of Supreme Court?
8. Who appoints " ad hoc" Judges of the Supreme Court?
[C]President with advice of Council of Ministers
[D]Chief Justice of the Supreme Court with permission of President
9. Consider the following:
1. Legislative Council
2. Upper House of Parliament
3. Municipal Council
Which among the above are permanent ?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
10. The Town Planning Committee comes under which among the following parts of Constitution of India?
[D]None of them
11. Which among the following body has been set up under the mandate of Constitution of India?
[A]National Development Council
[D]National Advisory Council
12. What is the maximum life of an ordinance promulgated by President of India?
13. Which among the following were inserted in the constitution of India on recommendations of Swaran Singh Committee?
[B]Directive Principles of State Policy
14. The Promulgation of an ordinance by a President is done when ___?
[A]President feels that ordinance should be promulgated (on discretion)
[B]When Supreme Court advises the President
[C]When Council of Ministers advises President
[D]When any house of the parliament passes a resolution
15. For which among the following periods, an Attorney General is appointed in India?
[D]Any period which the president feels suitable