Quiz 39: Basic General Knowledge → Bank PO
1. The rate at which RBI purchases or rediscounts bills of exchange of commercial banks is called?
[B]Reverse Repo Rate
2. In the capital market , simultaneous purchase and sale of securities to reduce the loss on purchase is known as …..?
3. Where do the Commercial Banks keep the liquid assets under the Statutory Liquidity Ratio?
[B]With other banks
[C]In the Market
4. The terms such as 'placement, layering, integration of funds' are related to which among the following?
[D]Capital Market Trading
5. Net Interest income is
[A]Interest earned on advances
[B]Interest earned on investments
[C]Total interest earned on advances and investment
[D]Difference between interest earned and interest paid
6. "Interest rate risk" can be placed in which among the following categories?
[D]All of above
7. In an inflationary trend, the pricing of the bank products are:
[A]At increasing trend
[B]At decreasing trend
[C]No relevance of Inflation
8. Consider the following statements:
1. Foreign Exchange markets are dynamic and round the clock markets.
2. Some Foreign Exchange markets operate within a country’s time zone.
3. Foreign Exchange markets are used only for trade
Which among the above is/ are correct statements ?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
9. In which year Bombay Stock Exchange was established?
10. In which year NSE was established?
11. Who among the following own the EXIM Bank?
[A]Government of India
[B]Government of India + Reserve Bank of India
[C]Government of India + Reserve Bank of India +Some commercial Banks
[D]Government of India + Reserve Bank of India +Some commercial Banks + Financial Institutions
12. An Inchoate Instrument as per the NI Act is a document which is ____?
13. Consider the following statements:
1. ICICI Bank was the first Bank to offer Internet banking in India
2. ICRA is a credit rating agency promoted by the Industrial Finance Corporation of India
3. Component of Gold and Gold Bullion in the assets of Issue Department of RBI are to be not less than Rs. 115 Crores.
Which among the above statements is/ are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
14. Which among the following is the highest credit risk rating that can be awarded to any company by CRISIL?
15. Consider the following:
Assertion: Bankers, in general, are hesitant to finance HUF (Hindu Undivided Family)
Reason: The liability of the firm to the banker is susceptible to change with the birth of male
child or with the death of a male coparcener in the HUF
Choose the correct option:
[A]Both Assertion and Reason are correct and Reason is correct explanation of Assertion
[B]Both Assertion and Reason are correct and Reason is NOT correct explanation of Assertion
[C]Assertion is correct, Reason is incorrect
[D]Assertion is incorrect, Reason is correct