Quiz 32 : Basic General Knowledge Quiz →Geography
1. The "Project Sunshine" of U.S.-based seed giant Monsanto seeks to bring about a “Yellow Revolution” in tribal areas of India. For which among the following crops, this "Project Sunshine" is being implemented?
2. The capital of new country South Sudan is _____?
3. In which among the following states of United States, "Death Valley" is located?
4. What is the number of Galilean moons of Jupiter discovered by Galileo Galilei in January 1610?
5. "Old Faithful" Geyser is located in which among the following countries?
6. Which among the following states of India is best known for Monazite sands, source of Thorium?
7. Which among the following country is known as "Land of White Elephant"?
8. Anuradhpura was the capital of which among the following modern countries in ancient times?
9. Consider the following neighbors of France:
The Maginot Line was built by France after the World War II?
[B]1 & 2
[C]1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
10. "Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda", which is home to statue of largest reclining Buddha in the world is located in which of the following countries / regions?
11. The constellation in Indian Mythology called "Sapta Rishi" is coterminous with which among the following?
12. Battle of Waterloo was fought in which among the following present day countries?
13. Which among the following countries is known as "Land of Thousand Lakes"?
14. Mont Blanc, the highest peak in Alps is located in which among the following countries?
[B]Italy and France
[C]France and Spain
[D]France, Italy and Monaco
15. India's Jhoom cultivation is known by which among the following names in Malaysia?