Quiz 29: Basic General Knowledge
1. Punjab J-34 is the variety of which among the following crops in India?
[D] Green Gram
2. Approximately , what fraction of SAARC annual administrative expenditure is paid by India?
3. In which year, Afghanistan was added to SAARC?
4. In which year, Mohammad Bin Qasim invaded India?
[A] 688 AD
[B] 712 AD
[C] 765 AD
[D] 812 AD
5. The "Mid Day Meal Scheme" is a scheme for school children lunch, being implemented by which among the following ministries/ departments?
[A] Ministry of Education
[B] Ministry of Human Resource Development
[C] Ministry of women and child development
[D] Department of Food & Public Distribution
6. In which year, "20 Point Programme" was initiated for the first time in India?
7. What is the current contribution of Agriculture in India's GDP?
8. In which city International Statistical Education Center is situated?
9. Who among the following were the first to come to India to establish trade relationships?
10. "Kuyil Pattu" is a famous work ascribed to which among the following Tamil Poets?
[C] Anandabharati Aiyangar
[D] Subramanya Bharathi
11. Which governor of Madras had signed a treaty with Tipu?
[A] George MaCartney
[B] Sir Archibald Campbell
[C] William Medows
[D] Sir Charles Oakeley
12. In which year East India Company was brought under British parliamentary control?
13. Which among the following organizations was started by Behramji Malabari in Bombay?
[A] Bombay Asiatic Society
[B] Seva Sadan
[C] East India Association
[D] None of them
14. On what date Indian Rebellion of 1857 started?
[A] 10 May
[B] 16 April
[C] 26 June
[D] 11 July
15. By which among the following acts, the ban on missionaries in India was lifted?
[A] Charter Act 1793
[B] Charter Act 1833
[C] Charter Act 1773
[D] Charter Act 1813