Quiz 16: Basic General Knowledge
1. National Cadet Corps Day is celebrated on which among the following dates?
2. In which among the following current cities, first European Factory was built by the Portuguese in 1500 AD?
(D)None of them
3. The name of which among the following districts is NOT famous for a school or style of painting?
4. Who among the following was first defense minister of India after independence?
(C)Sardar Baldev Singh
(D)Deep Narayan Singh
5. In which among the following diseases, Seed Therapy is used now a days for treatment?
6. The recently unveiled SAGA-220 Super Computer has been developed by which among the following?
(D)Computational Research Laboratories
7. The name of S Vijayalakshmi is famous in which among the following games / sports?
8. Consider the following:
1. World Water Day
2. World Forestry Day
3. World Meteorological Day
4. World Tuberculosis Day
Which among the following is the correct order, in which they are observed?
(A)1 2 3 4
(B)2 1 3 4
(C)4 1 2 3
(D)4 2 1 3
9. Which among the following recent years was observed as International Year of Coral Reefs?
10. In which year, Environment (Protection) Act was enacted?
11. Which among the following organizations confers "Vachaspati Award"?
(A)Ministry of Culture
(B)Sahitya Kala Academi
(D)Azim Premji Foundation
12. FIFA Cup holds at a regular interval of 4 year since 1930. Which among the following were the years when FIFA couldn't held due to WWII?
(A)1940 and 1944
(B)1941 and 1945
(C)1942 and 1946
(D)1943 and 1947
13. The controversial Babli project is a barrage being built by Maharashtra Government across which among the following rivers?
14. The Japanese name Kaguya has been in news in recent times for which among the following?
(A)It’s a name of a princess of Japan
(B)It’s a name of a satellite of Japan
(C)It’s a name of a city, where Kaguya protocol was recently signed
(D)1 & 2
15. In Mammalian embryo, which among the following is the outermost membrane that serves as exchange between embryo and environment?