Quiz 5: Basic General Knowledge
1. Which among the following movement started with "breaking the salt law"?
(B)Civil Disobedience Movement
(C)Quit India Movement
(D)Home Rule Movement
2. There was one socialist leader, who ran away from the Hazaribagh Prison and joined the Quit India Movement. Identify that leader from the given options:
(A)Ram Manohar Lohia
3. Who among the following were known as Tocharians?
4. Two schools, viz. Mathura School of Art and Gandhara School of Art flourished in which among the following era?
5. Harshavardhana, who was known as Uttarapathapati, was defeated on the banks of river Narmada by which among the following Kings, also having assumed the title of Dakshinapathapati?
6. Which among the following two cities were joined by "Sadak-i-Azam" or the precursor of the Grand Trunk Road built by Shershah Suri?
(A)Agra & Calcutta
(B)Delhi & Patna
(C)Delhi & Sasaram
(D)Agra & Sasaram
7. Which among the following was located on the banks of Tungbhadra River?
(B)Chalukyas of Vatapi
(C)Chalukyas of Badami
8. In which of the following cities of India is located world's first complete granite temple?
9. Who among the following was placed on the throne of Nawab of Bengal after the Battle of Buxar?
(D)Najimuddin Ali Khan
10. Which of the following Mughal Emperor's is also known to be a very good player of Veena?
11. Which among the following was the first note known as "Greenback" issued in United States?
(A)Federal Reserve Note
(C)United States Note
12. Kanker Ghati Park is located in which among the following states of India?
13. Which among the following tributaries of Indus originates from Lake Mansarovar?
14. Which among the following lakes makes the border tripoint of Kenya , Tanzania & Uganda ?
15. TulBul Project is associated with which of the following rivers?