1. Which among the following organization has been conducting surveys of the strength of financial markets of various countries and ranks them accordingly in its flagship annual "Financial Development Report"?
[C]World Economic Forum
World Economic Forum
2. Which among the following sector has been the most affected sector in Global Economy by the Global Financial Crisis?
[A]Banking & Finance
Banking & Finance
Banking & Finance sector were hit most followed by Auto sector. The sub prime lending was the reason and Banks from US Govt. wished to provide bail
out packages to them
3. In context with the Mid Day Meal Scheme, consider the following statements:
1. It’s a social Sector programme
2. The scheme has a long history especially in Tamil Nadu and Gujarat
3. Its precursor programme was National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (NP-NSPE) in 1995
Which among the above statements is / are correct?
[B]1 & 2
[C]2 & 3
[D]1, 2 & 3
2 & 3
First statement is not correct , because its not a social sector programme. Please note that today, Mid day Meal scheme is serving primary and upper
primary school children in entire country.
4. Many a times, we read in Financial Newspapers about a term called "Loan Syndication". What exactly is Loan Syndication?
[A]In Loan Syndication, more than one debtors applying for a loan to one creditor
[B]In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide single loan
[C]In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide multiple loans
[D]All of above
In Loan Syndication, more than one creditors coming together to provide single loan
5. Many a times, we read in the newspapers about the "Indian Depository Receipts". Which among the following is not a correct statement about the "Indian Depository Receipts"?
[A]They are derivative instruments
[B]They have shares as the underlying assets
[C]They are non-negotiable Financial instruments
[D]They are regulated by RBI as well as SEBI
They are non-negotiable Financial instruments
C is incorrect Global Depository Receipts (GDRs) and American depository receipts (ADRs) & Indian Depository Receipts all are negotiable
6. The Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) for promotion of investors’ awareness and protection of the interests of investors, is under which among the following ministries in India?
[A]Ministry of Finance
[B]Ministry of Corporate Affairs
[C]Ministry of Commerce
[D]Ministry of Overseas Affairs
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
7. The "Malwa Trophy" is related to which of the following sports?
8. Many a times, we read about the Teaser Rates in newspapers. What exactly comprises "Teaser Rates" ?
[A]A bank advertises heavily on higher interest rates on the fixed deposits and other debt instruments and then lowers the rate suddenly
[B]A bank advertises heavily on to draw potential customers by offering them rewards on home loan agreements and following acceptance, the buyer is forced to pay back a higher interest rate on the loans
[C]A Bank offers a low introductory rate in the beginning on a home loan, which increases after a certain period and higher than the normal rate
[D]A Bank offers high introductory rate in deposit instruments which later on goes down after a certain period
A Bank offers a low introductory rate in the beginning on a home loan, which increases after a certain period and higher than the normal rate
9. In context with various Banking Related terms, what is the correct full form of PCR?
[A]Profit Credit Ratio
[B]Provision Credit Ratio
[C]Provisioning Coverage Ratio
[D]Profit Coverage Ratio
Provisioning Coverage Ratio
Provision coverage ratio refers to the percentage of the loan amount that the bank has set aside as provisions to meet an eventuality where the loan might have to be written off it becomes irrecoverable. In simple terms it can be explained as bad debts which becomes a loss to the bank. It is a measure that indicates the extent to which the bank has provided (set aside money to bear the loss) against the troubled part of its loan portfolio. Provision coverage ratio = Cumulative provisions / Gross NPAs Here NPA means Non –Performing Asset.
10. In context with the investment in securities, what exactly do we call the process under which the value of the securities is taken into account at their current price ?
[C]Mark to Market
Mark to Market
Click on Next Page Number