Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 13, 2012
1. The responsibility of compilation and release of the Index of Industrial Production(IIP) is vested in the:
[A]Central Statistical Organisation
[B]Office of Economic Advisor
[D]Ministry of Finance
Central Statistical Organisation
2. Implementation of General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) would prevent __________ through Mauritius and other tax havens :
[B]Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
[C]financing of terrorist activities
[D]smuggling of narcotics
3. The official mascots of 2012 Summer Olympics to be held in London are:
[A]Wenlock and Mandeville
[B]Lyo and Merly
[C]Miga and Quatchi
[D]Neve and Gliz
Wenlock and Mandeville
Wenlock and Mandeville are animations depicting two drops of steel from a steelworks in Bolton.
4. Consider the following Statements regarding Financial Action Task Force (FATF):
1.The purpose of the FATF is to develop policies to combat money laundering and terrorism financing.
2.The FATF Secretariat is located at the headquarters of the OECD in Paris.
Which of the Statement(s) given above is/are true?
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 and 2
5. Which among the following countries is not among the non-signatories of Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty(NPT) ?
Four non-parties to the treaty are known or believed to possess nuclear weapons: India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared that they possess nuclear weapons, while Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program. Iran is a party to the NPT but was found in non-compliance with its NPT safeguards agreement and the status of its nuclear program remains in dispute.
6. Lee Hsien Loong, who was on a two-day official visit to India, is the Prime Minister of ________ :
7. Consider the following Statements regarding 'Agni-I' missile, which was recently launched by the Strategic Forces Command (SFC) of the Indian Army from the Wheeler Island, off the Odisha coast :
1.Agni-I has a range of 700 KM.
2.It is a single-stage missile,powered by solid propellants.
3.It can carry a nuclear warhead weighing one tonne.
In this context, which among the Statement(s) given above is/are correct?
[B]1 and 2
[C]2 and 3
[D]1, 2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
8. Who among the following is the President of the International Cricket Council (ICC)?
9. Which among the following prisons has become India's first 'green prison' by harnessing solar energy for in-house cooking ?
[D]Yerwada Central Jail
Here is a first of its kind green initiative aimed at both saving fuel and minimising environmental hazards. The Sabarmati Central Jail authorities have joined hands with solar thermal technology company Flareum Technologies to use energy efficient technology for in-house cooking.The kitchen in Sabarmati Jail earlier was coal and gas based that produces hazardous gases such as CO2 and SO2, but with the commencement of the steam cooking system the gases have been eliminated, turning the kitchen ‘green’.
10. The setting up of a five-member committee headed by Cabinet Secretary ________ has been announced by the Government to look into the pay and pension-related issues of defence services personnel and ex-servicemen.