Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 11, 2012
1. Which among the following States will be getting additional credit of $100 million from World Bank for an ongoing rural livelihood project called 'Jeevika'?
2. The recently launched new initiative called 'Millenium Alliance (MA)' between India and US is :
[A]to fund innovators
[B]to foster cultural relations
[C]to ease immigration hurdles
[D]for joint operations against terrorism
to fund innovators
The USAID-FICCI Millennium Alliance was launched on Tuesday in New Delhi as an inclusive platform bringing together social impact funds, venture capitalists, corporate foundations, early investors, donors, and others to support and scale innovative solutions to development challenges that affect base of the pyramid populations in India and around the world.
3. 'Delphinus' an Indian Air Force Swimming team has set a record by successfully crossing the _______ twice within a fortnight.
4. Which among the following eminent Assamese Poets passed away recently?
5. Which among the following villages in India became the second village to have 100% life insurance coverage under the Financial Inclusion Programme of the Central Government?
[B]Rangwasa, Madhya Pradesh
In Assam, Rangati Misamara village of Lakhimpur district had become the first village in the country to have full insurance coverage in Jan, 2012 .The village achieved this success under the Centre’s Financial Inclusion plan, which is being implemented by Assam Grameen Bikash Bank across the state.
6. Which country has been recently given the Status of a 'Major Non-NATO Ally(MNNA)' by Obama Administration?
Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to close allies who have strategic working relationships with US armed forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. While the MNNA status does not automatically include a mutual defense pact with the United States, it does confer a variety of military and financial advantages that otherwise are not obtainable by non-NATO countries.
7. RBI has formed a Committee/Working Group under __________ in order to address the issue of lack of transparency in Bank lending rates?
[C]P Vijaya Bhaskar Rao
[D]Dr. Rakesh Mohan
8. Who is the eminent Indian Scientist associated with the name of the recently discovered 'God Particle' ?
[B]Jagadish Chandra Bose
[C]Satyendra Nath Bose
Satyendra Nath Bose
9. The issue of 'transfer-pricing' may be addressed adequately after the implementation of _________ which has several provisions to curb this malpractice:
[A]Goods and Services Tax (GST)
[B]Direct Taxes Code (DTC)
[C]Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA)
[D]Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA)
Direct Taxes Code (DTC)
10. Mr. Anup Sankar Bhattacharya has been appointed a the new director of: