1. The world’s youngest nation _______ which is wrecked by border wars, internal violence and shutdown of its vital oil production, recently marked its first anniversary of Independence.
2. Who was the first person to serve two terms as Vice-President before becoming the President of India?
[C]Shankar Dayal Sharma
Hamid Ansari may become the second person to be re-elected to the post of Vice President in vice-presidential election scheduled for August 7, 2012
3. Which country's Constituent Assembly recently expired without delivering a constitution?
4. Which among the following Booker Prize winnning novels of 'Amitav Ghosh' narrates a gripping tale of the sea journey of indentured labourers during the 1830s, just before the Opium War?
[A]In an Antique Land
[B]Sea of Poppies
[C]River of Smoke
[D]The Hungry Tide
Sea of Poppies
5. The African Union's 2012 summit will be held in :
6. Who has replaced Sadananda Gowda as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka?
[B]A Suresh Chanabasappa
[C]Katti Ramesh Vishwanath
[D]H. D. Kumaraswamy
7. Serena Williams claimed her fifth Wimbledon title by defeating :
8. Who became the first Indian ever to win the junior Asian badminton championship girls’ title in Korea recently?
9. 'Velib' is a large-scale public bicycle sharing system in:
10. 'Tenzin Gyatso', the Tibetan Spiritual leader is the ____ Dalai Lama .