Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : September 16, 2012
1. Who among the following has become Goa's first Woman Grandmaster after the World Chess Federation officially cleared her title at 83rd FIDE Congress in Istanbul?
[A]Kiran Monisha Mohanty
2. Recently Union cabinet has approved foreign investment up to 49 per cent in power Trading Exchanges in compliance with SEBI regulations. What are the restrictions for the FDI and FII routes with in the 49 per cent?
[A]Maximum of 26% in FDI and maximum of 23% in FII
[B]Maximum of 29% in FDI and maximum of 20% in FII
[C]Maximum of 23% in FDI and maximum of 26% in FII
[D]Maximum of 20% in FDI and maximum of 29% in FII
Maximum of 26% in FDI and maximum of 23% in FII
3. Recently Union Cabinet has allowed ________per cent of FDI in civil aviation sector?
[A]26 per cent
[B]49 per cent
[C]51 per cent
[D]74 per cent
49 per cent
4. Recently Union Cabinet has allowed 51 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail sector to establish retail chains in cities with a population of more than 10 lakh as per the 2011 Census. Presently how many cities in India are with a population of more than one million based on 2011 Census?
5. Who among the following is recently honoured with 'Cricketer of the Year' by the ICC?
6. Recently which among the following bank became the first bank to offer 'RuPay Kisan Card' with 'Aadhaar' authentication?
[A]State Bank of India (SBI)
[B]Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
[C]State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
7. Which among the following company has recently launched the world’s largest LEED Platinum green hotel (an eco certificate)?
Recently ITC launched its imposing Grand Chola, a 600-key luxury hotel in Chennai.In terms of room inventory, this will be the third largest hotel in the
country, after Renaissance (759 keys) and Grand Hyatt (694 keys) — both in Mumbai.
8. What is the annual average economic growth target revised by the Planning Commission for the 12th Plan (2012-17) from the 9 per cent envisaged earlier?
[A]8 per cent
[B]8.2 per cent
[C]8.4 per cent
[D]8.5 per cent
8.2 per cent
9. Recently which among the following State government has decided to implement e-Pension System to disburse pension of all those pensioners and family pensioners of the state who start drawing their pension on or after August 1, 2012?
10. Recently in which among the following State, a new method in paddy-cum-fish harvesting has been introduced for the first time on a trial basis?
The programme was sponsored by NABARD. Under the programme canals of 2-3 feet wide and 1.5-2 feet in depth were dug on two sides of a rice field
and connected to a small pond measuring 0.01-0.03 hectare. Fish fries were released in the pond before sowing of rice. When the water level went up, the fish migrates to the rice field automatically and the culture area of fish increased up to 80 to 100 times.