Daily Current Affairs 2012 Quiz : July 23, 2012
1. Who among the following has been appointed as the new CEO of Yahoo! ?
2. Who among the following has become the fifth president of Mauritius?
[C]Navin Chandra Ramgoolam
[D]Monique Ohsan Bellepeau
3. Who among the following has recently won the 'German Grand Prix-2012'
The German Grand Prix is an annual automobile race. Because Germany was banned from taking part in international events after World War II, the German GP only became part of the Formula One World Championship in 1951. It was designated the European Grand Prix four times between 1954 and 1974, when this title was an honorary designation given each year to one grand prix race in Europe.
4. Who among the following is the Scientific Advisor to the Defence Minister of India?
[A]Chairman of ISRO
[B]Chairman of BARC
[C]Director General of DRDO
[D]Director General of CSIR
Director General of DRDO :: V.K.Saraswat
5. Which among the following is the highest peace-time gallantry award of India?
[D]Param Vir Chakra
6. Consider the following Statements regarding 'Asian Development Bank (ADB)':
1.ADB promotes the use of regional currencies in trade through its Trade Finance Programme (TFP).
2.At present, both China and Japan hold the largest proportion of shares of the ADB.
[C]Both 1 and 2
[D]Neither 1 nor 2
At present, both the United States and Japan hold 552,210 shares, the largest proportion of shares at 12.756% each. China holds 228,000 shares (6.429%), India holds 224,010 shares (6.317%),the 2nd and 3rd largest proportion of shares respectively.
7. According to the latest report of the Labour Ministry, which among the following Indian States has recorded the least unemployment rate (1%) during the last fiscal year?
8. Who among the following is the president of International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)?
9. Which among the following currencies have been recently included in 'Trade Finance Programme(TFP)' of Asian Development Bank?
[A]Hongkong Dollar, Ruble
[B]Indonesian rupiah, Yen
[C]Malaysian ringgit, Yuan
[D]Renminbi, Indian Rupee
Renminbi, Indian Rupee
TFP is a programme under Asian Development Bank with an objective to fill the market gaps for trade finance by providing guarantees and loans to banks to support trade. ADB collaborates with 200 partners to provide companies with the financial support they require to carry on import and export operations in Asia’s most challenging markets.It is active in 16 countries. Five most active countries are Bangladesh, Nepal,Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Vietnam.
10. According to the research estimates of the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), India’s forest and Tree cover as 'carbon sink' neutralises _____ of India’s annual GHG emissions.