1. India's first mega food park aimed to facilitate end-to-end food processing with beneficial forward and backward linkages is located in _________.
[A]Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
[C]Jagdishpur, Uttar Pradesh
Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh
2. Which among the following non-sovereign jurisdictions known as 'tax havens' has not inked a Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) with India?
[B]Isle of Man
[C]Turks and Caicos Islands
[D]British Virgin Islands
Turks and Caicos Islands
3. Which among the following nation's Parliament has recently passed a bill aimed at protecting top government leaders from contempt of court proceedings?
Pakistan's Parliament has passed a bill aimed at protecting top government leaders from contempt of court proceedings and countering the Supreme Court's efforts to pressure the Premier to revive graft cases against President Asif Ali Zardari.The bill is intended to save new Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf from possible disqualification by the apex court for refusing to reopen corruption cases against Zardari in Switzerland.
4. The Prime Minister has approved the constitution of an Expert Committee headed by ___________ to undertake stakeholder consultations and finalise the guidelines for GAAR.
As per the PMO, the Shome committee will receive comments from stakeholders and general public till the end of this month, instead of the July 20 deadline that was set in the Ministry's draft. Based on the feedback, the expert panel will rework the guidelines and publish the second draft by August 31 and thereafter finalise the GAAR guidelines and a roadmap and submit these to the government by September 30, 2012
5. Scientists have sequenced the genome of 'DH-Pahang', which is a _________ popular in south-east Asia and which is able to resist the devastating Panama disease fungus that has been spreading in Asia.
The completion of the genome sequence was important for India as it is the world's largest producer of bananas.The potential for export was huge if India could increase its productivity both in terms of quantity and quality. As most of the present day cultivated varieties were susceptible to fungal,bacterial and viral diseases, it was necessary to develop disease-resistant varieties.
6. Which among the following global bank's staff in India have recently come under the scanner for deficiencies in their role as "offshore reviewers" of the bank's compliance to safety mechanism against money laundering and terrorist financing?
[D]JP Morgan Chase Bank
7. Who among the following has clinched the Scottish Open Golf Title-2012?
[A]Jeev Milkha Singh
[C]Arjun Singh Atwal
Jeev Milkha Singh
8. 'Christine Lagarde' is the Managing Director of ________ :
[A]World Bank Group
[B]International Monetary Fund
[C]World Trade Organisation
[D]European Central Bank
International Monetary Fund
9. Which among the following nations recently held a three-day military exercise codenamed 'Great Prophet 7'?
10. Consider the following fundamentalist militant groups which have been in news lately:
1.Hezbollah : Lebanon
2.Ansar dine : Mali
3.Boko Haram : Nigeria
Which among the following have been correctly paired with the regions where they are based?
[A]1 and 2
[B]1 and 3
[C]2 and 3
[D]1, 2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
Hezbollah is a Shia Islamic militant group and political party based in Lebanon.It receives financial and political support from Iran and Syria, and its paramilitary wing is regarded as a resistance movement throughout much of the Arab and Muslim worlds.