1. The Government has recently approved some new tiger reserves. In this context, consider the following:
- Mukundara Hills
Which among the following is the correct set of states in which the above new tiger reserves are located?
[A]Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh
[B]Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand
[C]Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha
[D]Maharastra, Rajasthan, Karnataka
Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha
1.Pilibhit (Uttar Pradesh) 2.Ratapani (Madhya Pradesh) 3. Mukundara Hills (Rajasthan) 4.Satyamangalam (Tamil Nadu) 5. Sunabeda (Odisha)
2. Recently, the government of one of the following states has taken decision to develop green-field airports at five locations in an effort to boost intra-state and inter-state civil aviation facilities. Identify this state from the given options:
3. One of the big pharma companies in India has recently launched ‘Qvir’, a novel four-drug kit for treating HIV/AIDS. Identify it from the given options:
[D]Dr. Reddys Laboratories
4. In one of the following countries, "Salamworld", an Islamic version of social networking site Facebook has been launched recently. Identify the country from the given options:
5. The Government of India has recently proposed to establish the National Institute of Sports Sciences and Medicine (NISSM) at which among the following cities?
In order to focus on the high quality of research study and targets of sports science and medicine for producing sports champions who could spearhead
the Indian challenge on the world sporting arena, the Government has proposed to set up a National Institute of Sports Sciences and Medicine (NISSM)
at New Delhi.
6. In which among the following years, Ganga Action Plan (GAP) was launched?
Ganga Action Plan or GAP was a program launched by Rajiv Gandhi in April 1986 in order to reduce the pollution load on the river.
7. The joint military exercise code-named ‘Nomadic Elephant: 2012’, is an exercise of defence cooperation between India and __________?
8. ‘Plateau Guards 2012’, the code name of the antiterrorism exercise is held by ____?
9. Who among the following is the author of the book-“Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten The World Economy” ?
10. Who among the following is / was the first Leader of the House (Lok Sabha) to make the transition to Rashtrapati Bhavan?
[A]Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
[B]Gyani Zail Singh
[D]Shankar Dayal Sharma
Mr. Mukherjee is the third sitting MP to become President — those who preceded him were Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed and Zail Singh.And he is the first
Leader of the House (Lok Sabha) to make the transition to Rashtrapati Bhavan.