Current Affairs Quiz: December 8-9, 2013
1. Name the last scion of the erstwhile Mysore royal family, who passed away recently?
[A]Jaya Chamaraja Wodeyar
[B]Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar
[C]Nalvadi Narasimha Raja Wodeyar
Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar
Srikantadatta Narasimharaja Wodeyar, last scion of the erstwhile Mysore royal family passed away. Wodeyar was recently elected as President of Karnataka State Cricket Association in a hotly contested election. He had also represented Mysore Lok Sabha constituency.
2. Yellowknife Bay is located on ___?
The Yellowknife Bay is located on Mars. It’s one of the lowest spots topographically on the crate floor. NASA’s curiosity rover analysis of clays drilled out from two rock samples in the area of Yellowknife Bay show the freshwater lake existed at a time when other parts of Mars were dried up or dotted with shallow, acidic, salty pool ill suited for life.
3. The “TradeEdge” is a new software platform launched by___?
Software major Infosys announced the launch of TradeEdge, an insight-driven sales platform, which would provide visibility to global brands across the demand chain from distributors to consumers.
4. Which of the following countries has signed an agreement with the Palestinians and Jordan to build a pipeline channelling water from the Red Sea to the Dead Sea?
Israel has signed an agreement with the Palestinians and Jordan to build a pipeline channelling water from the Red Sea to the Dead Sea. The water will be desalinated at new facility in Jordan and used by Israel and Jordan. Some of the water will be used to help replenish the shrinking Dead Sea.
5. It was reported in Newspapers that Encephalitis has claimed many lives in Uttar Pradesh. Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the ___?
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain. The disease has claimed 623 lives this year in eastern Uttar Pradesh, according to government data.
6. According to annual list of Forbes 500 companies in India, the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue is __?
[A]Indian Oil Corporation
Indian Oil Corporation
State-run Indian Oil Corp has emerged as the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue, followed by Mukhesh Ambani-led private sector giant Reliance Industries at second place, as per annual list of Forbes 500 companies in India.
7. The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) contributes nearly what per cent of total world’s oil?
8. The ‘Beneguela’ current is the ocean current passes along the ____?
[A]East coast of North America
[B]West coast of South America
[C]Southeast coast of Africa
[D]East coast of Japan
Southeast coast of Africa
9. Who among the following has won the Economic Times Lifetime Achievement Award 2013?
[B]Azim H Premji
Azim H Premji
Wipro’s Azim Premji has been conferred with the Economic Times Lifetime Achievement Award 2013.
10. India is all set for the maiden test firing of its submarine launch of longest range and nuclear capable ballistic missile. The missile is code-named as__?
India is preparing for the maiden test firing of its submarine launch of longest range and nuclear capable ballistic missile code-named K-4 from an underwater platform off the Vizag coast. The missile files in hypersonic speed and is the world’s best weapon in this class.