Current Affairs: November 1, 2, 2013
1. Which of the following are the top three largest produced oilseeds in India?
[A]Groundnut, Soyabean and Mustard
[B]Soyabean, Groundnut and Mustard
[C]Soyabean, Mustard and Groundnut
[D]Mustard, Soyabean and Groundnut
Soyabean, Groundnut and Mustard.
2. According to World Prosperity Index 2013, which is the most prosperous country in the world?
Norway is the most prosperous country in the world. Norway tops the ranking for fifth year running, followed by Switzerland, Canada, USA and New Zealand. India ranked 106 in the index.
3. Radha Burnier, who passed away recently, was related to which among the following organizations?
[C]International VedantaVedanta means Veda end or the purpose or goal of the Vedas. It was given by Badrayana or Maharishi Vyasa, who is one of the ..... Society
[D]International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Radha Burnier, International president of the Theosophical Society died recently. Burnier played a role in enriching the philosophy behind Theosophy by making it relevant to present-day issues. She was actively involved with service-oriented organisations that deal with education, animal welfare and environmental issues.
4. Which of the following indigenous tribal groups are found Andaman Island?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 4
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
Only 1, 2 & 3
5. Which of the following has become Europe’s first country to allow babies with characteristics of both sexes to be registered as neither male nor female?
Germany is the first country in Europe to legally recognise a third gender. Parents are now allowed to leave the gender blank on birth certificates, in effect creating a new category of indeterminate sex. The move is aimed at removing pressure on parents to make quick decisions on sex assignments surgery for newborns.
6. The “Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary” in Assam is famous for which one of the following species/animals?
The Pobitaro Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for dense population of One-horn rhinos. The 38-sq km sanctuary, about 46 km far from Guwahati, is the third wildlife habitat opened to visitors after Kaziranga and Manas being reopened last month.
7. Which country is host to the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” 2013?
Sri Lanka will host the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” in November this year.
8. According to the All India survey on Higher Education, which of the following cities has highest number of colleges in the country?
According to the All India survey on Higher Education conducted by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development, Bangalore district tops in the number of colleges with 885, followed by Hyderabad with 544 colleges. Karnataka has 3,908 colleges with 44 colleges for one lakh people.
9. The Palamaner, a small town in Chittoor District of Andhra PradeshPopulation (2001 Census) : 76210007Males : 38527413Females : 37682594Sex Ratio (Females/1000 Males) : 978Density Of Population (Persons/ Square Km) : 275Urban Population % : 27.08Literacy ..... is well known for its __?
The terracotta art pottery is an art of the soil of Palamaner. One can see the terracotta items of Palamaner in any of the art exhibition and handicraft emporiums in most of the cities of India.
10. In a first of its kind, which cereal crop has been selected for the “Geographic Information System (GIS)” to provide farmers all information about sowing and harvesting of the crops?
A mustard research body has launched Geographic Information System (GIS) for the commodity in the country to provide farmers all information about sowing and harvesting of the crops. Mustard crop being the major oilseeds crop of India has been first selected for this purpose among the cereal crops.