Quiz-2: Basic General Knowledge
1. who among the following was the Prime Minister of India when Mandal Commission was constituted?
(B)Morar Ji Desai
(D)V P Singh
2. Which among the following two capital cities of India are connected by National Highway Number 2?
(A)Delhi & Jaipur
(B)Delhi & Kolkata
(C)Delhi & Lucknow
(D)Delhi & Chandigarh
3. The Phosphate Solubilising Bacteria (PSB) are used for which among the following purposes?
4. In which of the following years, the First successful launch of satellite of INSAT series was achieved?
5. Which among the following countries is known for the UN Oil for Food Programme, became controversial later?
6. “My Kashmir: Conflict & Prospects of Enduring Peace”. Who among the following has written this book?
7. Which among the following organization publishes a "Red List" compiling information from a network of conservation organizations to rate which species are most endangered in the world?
(A)World Wide Fund for Nature
(B)International Union for Conservation of Nature
(C)United Nations Environment Programme
(D)World Conservation Monitoring Centre
8. Which among the following the correct English Official name of CERN ( Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire)?
(A)European Organization for Nuclear Research
(B)European Council for Nuclear Research
(C)European Center for Nuclear Research
(D)European Nuclear Research organization
9. The Bhaskar Ghosh Committee is related to issues of which among the following schemes?
(D)Scholarships for SC / ST students
10. With which of the following diseases, the Project Sankalp is related to?
11. Which among the following statements is correct?
(A)There are no deserts in Europe
(B)There are no volcanoes in Australia mainland
(C)There are no rivers in Iraq
(D)Equatorial Guinea is located on Equator
12. Consider the following:
1. Chile Saltpetre
3. Quick Lime
Which among the following is the correct set of chemical formulae of the above?
(A)KNO3, NaNO3, CaO
(B)NaNO3, KNO3, Ca(OH)2
(C)Na(OH)2, KOH, CaO
(D)NaNO3, KNO3, CaO
13. Which among the following Indian Public sector company is known for the highest IPO subscription so far?
(A)Steel Authority of India Ltd
(B)Coal India Ltd
(C)Indian Oil Corporation Limited
14. Diatoms, whose cell walls are unique and made up of Silica can be placed in which among the following groups?
15. Who among the following has written Ghoolamgiri?
(A) Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar
(B)Acharya Vinoba Bhave
Last Updated: May 12, 2011